Camp Wilkin accommodates up to 161 people in 35 heated rooms with cluster ensuites, sleeping between three to seven people with one unit specifically set up for wheel chair use. Most of our beds are bunks with a pillow on each bed. Cots (3) and blankets are available on request. All back rooms have double beds or can be made into double beds.
For health and safety of the hire group, the number of campers sleeping per room must not exceed the number of beds. Campers are required to keep rooms in a clean condition during their stay. Notices of any kind should be placed on windows.
What to bring:
- Sleeping bags or bed linen
- toiletries (no aerosols)
- personal needs
Rooms will be allocated on the ‘Hire of Camp’ form one month prior to camp.
Click image to download
The dining room is separated by bifold doors to the hall. It seats 160 + and also has heating and cooling fans. There is a P.A. in the dining room for any announcements. For duties please see catering section.
1. Is well set up for conferences as well as light indoor recreation use. It features heating and cooling fans. Seating for 110 people. For large groups bi fold doors can be opened into the dining room and into a smaller lounge to make one large room which increases the seating capacity to 400.
2. Can be either used as one or divided with bi fold doors into 2 areas. Area 1 has projector and screen facilities and each area has a seating capacity of about 50.
This is a large carpeted multipurpose area, great as a games room, disco and rehearsal area. It has table tennis tables, pool tables, hockey tables and a soccer table. All these tables can be moved to make room for its intended use. It has heating and cooling fans.
We have two large lounge areas. One lounge room is set off the side of the hall by bi fold doors; the other is situated at the end of Locket Lodge. Both areas are air-conditioned and have comfy chairs, TV, video and DVD players. We have a smaller lounge off Room 1.
- Projectors and screens
- Overhead Projector
- P.A system (Set for standard use, should you require alterations it is requested that you bring your own equipment)
- 4 mic's (2 cordless, 2 on leads)
- Video / DVD / CD players
This area is available for use. Kindling and wood is near the camp fire, paper and matches are available from the kitchen. It is the leader’s responsibility to make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the area. There is a hose at the back of room 11 for putting out the fire. It is not to be used on a Total Fire Ban day, please check with the management team.
Our outdoor chapel comfortably seats 100+. It is set off to the side of the bottom lounge off Locket Lodge.
We offer a 47 or 22 seater bus for trips around the local area and approval needs to be obtained for destinations. Bookings prior to your camp is essential. We have a driver but if you have a qualified person for driving these size buses that is OK. They will need to sign a bus accreditation form and show their drivers certificate and licence. (A charge may be incurred for their use).